Peer Reviewed Publications:
- Zhekai Jin, Yifei Shao, Minjoon So, Carl Sable, Neveen Shalyan, and Dirk Luchtenburg, "A Multisensor Data Fusion Approach for Simultaneous Localization and Mapping", in Proceedings of the 2019 IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference (ITSC), Auckland, New Zeland, 2019.
- Brian Cheung and Carl Sable, "Hybrid Evolution of Convolutional Networks", in Proceedings of the 2011 International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA), Honolulu, HI, 2011.
- Mohammed Billoo and Carl Sable, "Energy Consumption Reduction of a WSN Node Using 4-bit ADPCM", in Proceedings of the 2008 International Conference on Wireless Algorithms, Systems and Applications (WASA), Dallas, TX, 2008.
- Terence Magno and Carl Sable, "A Comparison of Signal-Based Music Recommendation to Genre Labels, Collaborative Filtering, Musicological Analysis, Human Recommendation, and Random Baseline", in Proceedings of the 2008 International Conference on Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR), Philadelphia, PA, 2008.
- Minsuk Lee, James Cimino, Hai Ran Zhu, Carl Sable, Vijay Shanker, John Ely, and Hong Yu, "Beyond Information Retrieval - Medical Question Answering", in Proceedings of the 2006 American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) Annual Symposium, Washington, D.C., 2006.
- Carl Sable, Minsuk Lee, Hai Ran Zhu, and Hong Yu, "Question Analysis for Biomedical Question Answering", in AMIA Annual Symposium Proceedings, 2005.
- Hong Yu, Carl Sable, and Hai Ran Zhu, "Classifying Medical Questions based on an Evidence Taxonomy", in Proceedings of the 2005 AAAI Workshop on Question Answering in Restricted Domains, Pittsburgh, PA, 2005.
- Hong Yu and Carl Sable, "Being Erlang Shen: Identifying Answerable Questions", in Proceedings of the 2005 IJCAI Workshop of Knowledge and Reasoning for Answering Questions, Edinburgh, 2005.
- Carl Sable, Kathleen McKeown, and Kenneth W. Church, "NLP Found Helpful (at least for one Text Categorization Task)", in Proceedings of the 2002 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), Philadelphia, PA, 2002.
- Kathleen R. McKeown, Regina Barzilay, David Evans, Vasileios Hatzivassiloglou, Judith L. Klavans, Ani Nenkova, Carl Sable, Barry Schiffman, and Sergey Sigelman, "Tracking and Summarizing News on a Daily Basis with Columbia's Newsblaster", in Proceedings of HLT 2002 Human Language Technology Conference, San Diego, CA, 2002.
- Carl Sable and Kenneth W. Church, "Using Bins to Empirically Estimate Term Weights for Text Categorization", in Proceedings of the 2001 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), Pittsburgh, PA, 2001.
- Carl L. Sable and Vasileios Hatzivassiloglou, "Text-based Approaches for Non-Topical Image Categorization", in International Journal on Digital Libraries, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp. 261-275, 2000.
- Carl L. Sable and Vasileios Hatzivassiloglou, "Text-Based Approaches for the Categorization of Images", in Proceedings of the Third Annual Conference on Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries, Paris, 1999.
- Seungyup Paek, Carl L. Sable, Vasileios Hatzivassiloglou, Alexandro Jaimes, Barry H. Schiffman, Shih-Fu Chang, and Kathleen R. McKeown, "Integration of Visual and Text-Based Approaches for the Content Labeling and Classification of Photographs", in ACM SIGIR'99 Workshop on Multimedia Indexing and Retrieval, Berkeley, CA, 1999.