- SIS Ph.D. track Chair (2004-2006): Chairing the newly established SIS Track PhD Committee gave me the opportunity to participate in setting up the process of actively recruiting, retaining and graduating high quality Ph.D. students.
- CCI Honors Committee Chair (2008-2010): I chaired the CCI Honors Committee. I lead efforts in establishing the CCI Honor’s program, developed criteria and procedures for admission, evaluation and retention as well identifying the types of courses that will qualify to be included the Honors curriculum. First set of students were admitted in Fall 2008. http://cci.uncc.edu/academic-programs/bachelors/honors-program.
- SIS Curriculum development (2009-2010): I was a member of the CCI Ad-hoc committee for undergraduate curriculum revitalization and actively participated in several efforts to improve the curriculum of the College. This included restructuring the curriculum to include critical thinking and ethics as mandatory topics of study as well establishing the CCI Honors Program.
- SIS Academic Planning Committee (2009-2010): Chaired the Ad-hoc committee to determine the 5-year strategic plan for the Department. Worked with the Department Chair and faculty from various areas to bring consensus to research focus and resource allocation. Led discussions on this topic at the annual faculty retreat.
- Invited faculty speaker at UNCC Association of Computing Machinery - Women (ACM-W) "Women in the Field of Technology” event, April 2013.
- Journal Editorship Board Member of 2 journals.