Selected Professional Activities
Boards and Organizing Committee:
- Member of Editorial Board of Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Artificial Intelligence, August 2013-Present. Member of Editorial Review Board of Journal of Computer Information Systems, 2012-2014.
- Organizing Committee Member, IEEE/WIC/ACM 2015 - Program Committee Co-Chair, December 6-15, 2015.
- Organizing Committee Member, Advances in Cognitive Systems 2013 Workshop on Metacognition about Artificial Situated Agents, December 14, 2013, Baltimore, Maryland.
- Co-Organizer of the First CRA-W/CDC Discipline-Specific Mentoring Program on Autonomous Agents and MultiAgent Systems, May 6-10, 2013, St Paul, Minnesota.
- Participant in the 2012 -2013 Leadership UNC Charlotte Program hosted by the ADVANCE Faculty Affairs Office. Nominated by Dean Deng to attend this program that offers department chairs and other current and emerging leaders an opportunity to explore and seek solutions to some of the pressing challenges that they confront.
- Organizing Committee Member, Scholarship Co-Chair for Twelfth International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS), St. Paul, Minnesota, May 6-10, 2013.
- Organizing Committee Member, Advances in Cognitive Systems 2013 Workshop on Metacognition about Artificial Situated Agents.
- Co-chair, AAAI -10 Workshop on Metacognition for robust social systems. Co-located with AAAI 2010, July 11, 2010, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Co-Chair, SASO Workshop on Metareasoning in Self-Adaptive Systems. September 2009, SanFrancisco, USA.
- Co-Chair, AAAI Workshop on MetaReasoning: Thinking about Thinking, July 2008, Chicago, USA.
- Co-Chair, First International Workshop on Meta Reasoning in Agent-Based Systems (MRABS 2007), Colocated with AAMAS 2007, May 14, 2007, Hawaii, USA.
- Program Co–Chair, FLAIRS-2006, Special Track on Artificial Intelligence Education.
Senior Program Committee:
- Twenty-second International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2011, Barcelona, Spain.
- Autonomous Agent and Multi-Agents Systems - AAMAS (2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016).
- AAMAS Workshop on Multi-Agent Sequential Decision Making in Uncertain Domains (2007, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014).
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence - AAAI (2006, 2007, 2008, 2016).
- Fourth IEEE International Conference on Self-Adaptive and Self-Organizing Systems (2010).
- Florida Artificial Intelligence Research Society - FLAIRS (2008).
- Florida Artificial Intelligence Research Society Special Track on Artificial Intelligence Education (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010).
- AAMAS Workshop on Safety and Security in Multiagent Systems - SASEMAS (2004, 2005, 2006).
- AAAI Spring Symposium on Technosocial Predictive Analytics (March 2009).
- Fifth International Symposium High-capacity Optical Networks & Enabling Technologies (2008).
- Workshop on New Forms of Reasoning for the Semantic Web: Scalable, Tolerant and Dynamic (NeFOR08).
- ECAI Workshop on New Trends in Real-Time Artificial Intelligence - NTeRTAIn (2006).
- Pacific Rim International workshop on Multi-Agent systems - PRIMA (2004, 2005), International Workshop on Agent-based Computing for Enterprise Collaboration - ACEC-WETICE (2004, 2005, 2006), International Workshops on Enabling Technologies Infrastructure for Collaborative Enterprises - WETICE (2002, 2003).
- Journal of Autonomous Agents and MultiAgent Systems (2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013).
- Journal of Machine Learning Research (2006, 2012, 2013).
- 2013 SIAM International Conference on DataMining
- Artificial Intelligence (AIJ), 2010.
- PSEG Institute for Sustainability Studies (2012).
- 33rd Annual German Conference on Artificial Intelligence (KI), Karlsruhe, Germany, September 21-24, 2010.
- International Transactions in Operational Research (2010) Artificial Intelligence Journal (2009, 2010), Computational Intelligence (2008).
- Special issue of Multiagent and Grid Systems on "Coordinating Agents' Plans and Schedules (2008).
- International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems (2007).
- IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering (2007).
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (2001, 2002, 2006, 2007).
- Journal of Systems and Software (2004).
- International Journal of Computers and Applications (2004).
- Fifth International Conference on Knowledge Based Computer Systems (2004).
- European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (2002).
- Autonomous Agents Workshop on Infrastructure for Agents, MAS, and Large Scale MAS (2001).
Grant Proposal Review:
- NSF Panel Member (IIS: 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014; CISE: 2010).
- NSF External Reviewer (2007, 2013).
- Israel Science Foundation (2011).
- Dutch National Science Foundation (NWO), 2004.
- Member of Faculty Research Grants Committee (2012-2014).
- Alternate Representative to Faculty Council (2009-2010).
- Member of University College (2007-2008).
- Member of Faculty Council (2004-2005).
- Member of Summer Sessions Committee (Alternate) (2004-2006).
- Member of Faculty Advisory Committee (2004-2005).
- Invited faculty speaker at UNCC Association of Computing Machinery - Women (ACM-W) "Women in the Field of Technology” event, April 2013.
- Moderator and Panelist on Robo-Ethics Panel, UNC Charlotte Ethics in Emerging Technologies Symposium (April 2008).
- Co-organizer and Judge, Department of Software and Information Systems’ “8-hour start-up Competition” (April 2008).
- UNCC Graduate Research Fair Judge (2005).
- Invited Panel Member at New Faculty Orientation (August 2004).
- Member of College Review Committee (2010-2011).
- Chair of Honors Committee (2008-2010).
- Member of Honors Committee (2007-2008).
- Member of College of Computing and Informatics Philosophy Alliance (2007-2008).
- Member of Undergraduate Committee (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010).
- Member of Ad-hoc Committee for Undergraduate Curriculum (2006-2008).
- Member of Ad Hoc Committee for Recruiting Ph.D. students (2006-2007).
- Member of CCI Executive Committee, Secretary, (2005-2006).
- Member of Graduate Committee (2003-2005).
- Member of PhD Steering Committee (2004-2006).
- Member of Diversity Committee (2004-2005).
- SIS Faculty Search Committee (2013-2014).
- SIS Research Committee (2012-2014).
- Chair of Academic Planning Committee (2009-2010).
· Chair of Ad-hoc Committee to establish core courses for the SIS Ph.D. curriculum (2009-2010).
- Member of Departmental Reappointment, Promotion and Tenure Committee (2009-2010, 2012-2013).
- Member of Undergraduate Committee (2006-2007)
- Member of SIS Lab Space Coordination Committee (2007-2008)
- Member of Graduate Student Support (2004-2006)
- Chair of SIS Track PhD Committee (2004-2006)
- Chair of Graduate Committee (2005-2006)
- Member of Graduate Committee (2003-2005, 2008-2009)
- Member of UNCC Cognitive Science Academy (2005- Present) .
- Graduate Student Representative, Department of Computer Science, University of Massachusetts (Jan 2001- Jan 2002).